Retro Spins: Mötley Crüe - Dr. Feelgood



My introduction to Mötley Crüe was in 1989 as I heard the cassette of Dr. Feelgood repeatedly blared through my brother's speakers from his room next door. I don't honestly know if he ever got any of the band's other albums, but for the fall / winter of that year, I got very antiquated with the album, and it has become one of my all time favorite "metal" albums of the 80's.

The album rattles into high gear right from the start, and continues to throttle down the road all the way to the end. Even the ballad, Without You doesn't deter its momentum. The album is determined to do nothing short of provide the listener with forty-five minutes of unapologetic hard rock. Which it does without a hitch.

It's difficult to separate the good from the bad tracks, because honestly, there really aren't any bad ones. Instead, I would classify the songs with powerhouse, good and decent.

The powerhouse ones are easily; Dr. Feelgood, Kickstart My Heart, Same Ol' Situation (S.O.S.) and Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away). The good are; Rattlesnake Shake and Sticky Sweet, The decent consist of; T.n.T. (Terror 'N Tinseltown), Slice Of Your Pie, She Goes Down and Time For Change. Together, they make for a fantastic album.

This is definitely one I recommend for those looking for a great album from start to finish.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment