Round Two: 2nd And Charles

 

My Saturday outing to 2nd and Charles in Chantilly was so successful, that I thought today would be a great day to hit their Woodbridge location. I'm so glad that I did!

The drive was the worst part, taking about an hour to get there. In fact, it was this aspect alone that had me teetering on whether or not I was going to go to this location. But again, it turned out to be a good thing that I did.

The trip more than paid for itself within the first five minutes when I stumbled upon the complete series of The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3, the 1990 show that followed after The Super Mario Bros. Super Show. A few box sets down was The Archies complete 1968 series.

The box sets led into the Christmas cartoons, and while I was hoping to find Mickey's Christmas Carol, coming across How The Grinch Stole Christmas was an easy sale. This one will definitely get added to my Christmas rotation of cartoons.

From there, I headed over to the kids section, hoping to find a few more gems that may be tucked away in there.

During my Chantilly 2nd And Charles visit, I found the first Care Bears movie, and was pretty happy to find not only the 1986 sequel, but also the 1988 Care Bears: The Nutcracker. If that wasn't good enough, I also nabbed up the original 1986 My Little Pony: The Movie.

If all of these cartoons weren't enough to make the trip worth while, I also ended up with a fair amount of CD's. This was most surprising, as I really didn't expect to find anything in this section, let alone ones that were on my want list.

I walked away with Cheap Trick's In Color (with I Want You To Want Me), Elton John's Honky Chateau (with Rocket Man), the just released Prince Welcome 2 America, and another odd Blockbuster exclusive CD, Monster Hits: 10 Classic Songs To Rock Your Halloween.

As I headed to the register, I had a moment of impulse buying, and grabbed this sweet looking NES controller themed coffee mug.

All and all, this trip was very lucrative, and worth the drive.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment