Michael Jackson's Thriller View-Master (View-Master Ideal Group, Inc.)

 

Michael Jackson's Thriller View-Master
View-Master Ideal Group, Inc.
1984

I was messing around on Youtube the other day when I found myself stumbling across reaction videos to classic songs from my era that people were listening to for the first time. I was baffled to see a young man who was listening to Thriller for the first time, it just didn't compute with me. I just couldn't wrap my brain around how in 2021 there were people out there who had never heard this song, or album. I mean, I know it makes sense. The album is decades old, so there's bound to be people out there who have never heard it. But come on! It's the highest selling album of all time eve today! 

Anyway, the point I'm trying to get to, is that after seeing this, I was intrigued enough to throw a search in Google for "Michael Jackson toys". I don't why. I've already covered the LJN series, and the HORRIBLE dolls released in 1995 by Street Life. While I know of a few more Michael Jackson related collectibles out there, I never expected to find a View-Master, let alone a talking one.

There are straight up awesome! I love View-Masters! Yet oddly enough, I don't own any. Why is that? I suppose it's for the best, as it really would be a slippery slope for me. There are hundreds of View-Master reels I would want to add to my collection. Many of them based on 80's properties. Probably best to stay away.


Michael Jackson. View-Master. I mean, come on. This is awesome. How could it get any better?...

Michael Jackson's Thriller Talking View-Master
View-Master Ideal Group, Inc.
1984

...Well, talking View-Master of course! Everyone saw that coming, right?

Talking View-Masters are so nostalgic that they make every part of me giggle with joy. Have you ever seen one? It's a View-Master reel and mini flexi disc record all on one sheet. You then slide it into the machine, and let the magic happen between sound and picture.

A fun fact of these is that the records can actually be played on a regular record player that will play at 33 1/3 speed. So even if you don't have the View-Master, you can still play the record on a player. You can't see it, but I'm absolutely bursting at the seems with nostalgic glee as I type this.


As I said above, I don't own any View-Masters, but after typing up this post, I REALLY want to start a collection.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I dig this as an adult, but would never have wanted this as a kid. Thriller scared the crap out of me.

      Delete
    2. I showed the video to my kids last Halloween thinking they might be scared, but they kind of laughed it off. Kids these days don't know what's scary anymore!

      Delete
    3. I still can't watch it to this day.

      Delete