Froot Loops Peeps

 

Easter is right around the corner, and it's always a holiday I've enjoyed. I mean, candy. Yes, there is obviously a greater meaning to the day for me, the resurrection of my Lord and Savior. But in terms of the commercial aspects of it, I've always enjoyed the array of candies that are available this particular time of year.

Though there are the tried and true styles, such as the hollow chocolate bunny, the Cadbury Cream Eggs and of course, jelly beans, what I have always been the fondest of are new or one off unique items which seem to be limited to the year they are introduced. 2021 brings us such an item, or at least I think it is new as of this year.

While perusing my local Target, I came across a Froot Loops Peeps! Now, if you don't know this about me already, I love me some marshmallow based treats. Especially when they have chocolate on them. Mmm. Delicious.

 
The aspect that stands out about these Peeps is their bright and vibrant colors. Very Froot Loopish.

Rotating it around to its side, we see the joint venture advertising logo. It's a shame that something a little more creative couldn't have been incorporated here where Toucan Sam was actually interacting with the Peeps versus just hovering above a giant one.

I'll spare you the back, which essentially just tells you how much faster you're going to die if you eat these.

Popping them out of the bag / box, the scent of Froot Loops fills the immediate air around it. Not overpowering, but definitely noticeable. For those of you familiar with the breakfast cereal, you know the smell, and it is very much so present.

Taste wise, the green and blue birds are on point. They taste exactly like the cereal. However, the red one suffers from the all to common ailment of red dye. It's harsh, almost bitter, overtaking any other flavor, including the marshmallow. Orange suffers the most. It's neither Froot Loopy nor dye flavored. Instead, it tastes like a regular Peep.

The texture is what you'd expect from a Peep treat. It's got a somewhat crunchy exterior from the sugar surrounding it, and nice soft interior from the puffy marshmallow. If you want every inch of it, you're going to have to work for it a bit, as there is a bit of remnants that are tacked to the stick spearing them.

Overall, if you're a fan of Peeps and Froot Loops, you're probably going to like this. I know I did. The red bird could use some toning down in the harsh department, and the orange needs to work on its flavor game, but despite these flaws, I wasn't overly disappointed. I would definitely grab this again if I saw it.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments: