G.I. Joe Classified Duke Repaint

 

Duke is coming at you with an all new paint deco, and some say it's better than the original! 

I have to agree. I'm not sure why Hasbro chose the original color scheme, but the red on the original figure always stood out like a sore thumb. Especially the wrist watch. I've never understood adults who wear bulky plastic colorful watches. Of course, I also don't get Apple watches, so maybe it's just me.

Regardless, this toned down version definitely stands out as the better option between the two. At least in my opinion it does.

There are a few of changes to the figure, but rather than list them all out, it's best to have a side by side comparison as a point of reference.

Featured on the left is the original release, which obviously means the repaint is on the right. Also obviously is that there is no red present on the repaint. Not on the gloves, jacket or wrist watch. Also gone is the gold shin guards and blue highlights. This is actually a bit of a lose to the figure.

What's interesting is that Hasbro left the gold paint detail on the pistol, but removed it completely from the rifle. Why keep one and not the other? Does this mean we'll get another variant down the road where the pistol is all black?

Overall, I do prefer the repaint over the original, but I suppose I said that already. But, what about you? Which one do you favor?

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

4 comments:

  1. I like the original better. Funny because I thought I wasn't going to like that gold deco at first but after seeing how Hasbro kept It uniform with most of the figures It grew on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too like the gold on the figures. It's the red that doesn't work for me on the original of this one.

      Delete
    2. I agree. My vote is for the original!

      Delete
    3. Awe man...I'm out in left field on my own.

      Delete