Hasbro Already Ruined It's New G.I. Joe Classified Line



Well, that didn't take long. They didn't even make it to wave two and Hasbro has already killed its Classified line for me with an exclusive figure you won't get if you don't plan on paying scalpers over twice the price it originally sold for. Hasbro created the Amazon exclusive Arctic Mission Storm Shadow, inexplicably making little to no announcement about it. When it was made available for pre-order, the online retailer sold out almost immediately.

Amazon has a long history of botching the release of exclusive items, just look at the debacle surrounding Pepsi Perfect. This time around, it appears they continue to handle things poorly by not setting a cap for how many buyers can pre-order. One particular seller on ebay has not only sold fifteen of them already, for more than double the price, but the listing states there are more than ten still available. That's ridiculous!

Exclusives are the number one reason I hate supporting new toy lines. Regardless of what the series is, it's inevitable that they will eventually release an exclusive that is going to slam your collection into a brick wall. That is of course unless you're okay with being jammed in the @$$ by scalpers.

Sigh - Well, I guess I'll be cancelling my pre-order for wave two and returning my case of wave one when it arrives next week. This line is going to be a non-starter. What a shame.

I was already on the fence about these when they first got announced. I knew that this was going to happen. Yet I ended up taking the plunge and went full in. I suppose there's at least a bright side to all of this. The timing is right with this debacle exclusive that I could still return items and cancel pre-orders to get my money back in full for everything I've purchased so far.

Going to have to keep a close eye on things to see if this line is going to be worth the time and money.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still waiting for these to be released in stores. Not crazy about the Storm Shadow design anyways. This line has been hyped up so much that It's kind of killed the excitement for me. Seeing pre release pics and then all of the pics out now in hand have me feeling less enthusiastic about the whole line. Even when they do make It to store shelves i probably have zero chance of scoring any as scalpers will be lined up to buy out the toy aisles. That shit should be illegal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like if stores can limit toilet paper to one per customer, that they should have no problem limiting toys to one per customer. They do it with "hot" items during the holiday season, yet they don't seem to care beyond that time of year. Makes no sense.

      I wish companies like Amazon would have someone in their quality control center monitoring sites like ebay to cancel preorders of sellers doing this. I know this would require them working with other sites directly, but I feel they should have the connections and resources to do this.

      Delete