Spider-Man Little Hot Cycle (Empire)

 

Spider-Man Little Hot Cycle
Empire
1978

Back in my day, we kept our hair long, and we rode the mean streets hard.

And we did it in style.

We didn't have time for "the man" giving us the shake up. We kept it real before keeping it real was a thing. We were cool, calm, yet mysterious all in one. Men wanted to be us, and women wanted to be with us.

My hog of choice was the 1978 Spider-Man Little Hot Cycle from Empire. It got me anywhere I wanted to go with under a gallon of milk in my tank. I went everywhere the hallways would take me, stopping just long enough to let the girls snap a photo.  No woman could tame this wild man.

Sure I had toys back home, but for me, my first love would always be that glistening giant red and yellow wheel. It purred to me as it scratched and rattled under my body. It was as if we were one.

I'll never forget that fateful day when that rock split that tire wide open from stem to stern. It was as if my own heart had been ripped in two. Things were never the same for me after that.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

6 comments:

  1. As AC-DC once said...."Ride On!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing a big wheel always takes me back to two things. My childhood and that scene in the Shining. Awesome pic😎

    ReplyDelete