Scrub In For Surgery

 

As I was eyeing my collection of G.I. Joe figures, I came across an odd sight...

A handful of Joes seemingly exploded, severing them at the waists. Obviously the bands inside had broken, but more curious was the question it created. Why?

Well, I don't know why. Nor did I want to immediately deal with it. But, with a few minutes this evening, I decided it was best to put everything back together, and put the figures back on the full display they deserved.

Laying out all the patients, I dug into my toolbox for my number eleven bands, needle nose pliers and mini Phillips head screwdriver.

A quick disassembly of one confirms what I expected. Busted o-rings.

A quick loop around the leg hook...

A pull through the waist piece...

And a re-connection to the body...

Then all you need to do is put the screw back...

And bam, your figure is ready to go back into action.

Rinse and repeat, and the gang is back to their formal glory.


Click "
HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

8 comments:

  1. Same thing happened to my Duke fig. Walked by my collection and there was Duke, split in two. I still have him stashed in a small container awaiting an O-Ring replacement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still a little baffled. The o-rings didn't show any signs of wear. They just...broke. ???

      Delete
  2. Also odd that it happened to all of the Renegades🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just renegades being renegades...

      Delete
    2. Yeah, that is so strange that it happened to that trio. Cobra La must be involved! At least G.I. Joes are so easy to fix.

      Delete
    3. Pythona still all upset she never got a vintage figure.

      Delete
  3. Weird. All at once. When you first told me, I thought it happened over time. I'm thinking a Poltergeist.

    ReplyDelete