New Addition!

 

It took me a long time to get around to these two "figures" because I kept going back and forth on whether or not I really wanted to add them to my collection. I don't know what finally caused me to take the plunge, but it all started with me randomly searching ebay, and proceeding with a buy it now for the Dianoga.

I think what initially kept me hesitant about this one was that for the price, there really was nothing special about it. I mean, look at it. It's a single rubbery piece of molded...well...rubber. Sure, it has a lot of detail, but didn't really provide anything all that spectacular that I "needed" it in my collection right away.


Then there was the issue that it didn't stand on its own. Unless you're going to just flop this thing over, the only real display option is to buy the playset, which I definitely didn't want, or the expensive stands designed specifically for it. Coupled with an average price of sixty dollars for the Dianoga itself, and the fourteen dollar stand, you can see the hesitation. Even now, like I said, I don't know why I suddenly needed this in my collection. But, it's here, and I dig it to an extent. It's certainly much larger than I thought it would be.


Then there was this figure, the R2-D2 "build a droid" which came with the original Droid Factory playset.

Much like the Dianoga, this wasn't something I was chomping at the bit to get into my collection. However, what I did notice was that non-repro sticker versions were getting fewer and further between, and as a result, more and more expensive. While I didn't pay top asking price for this one, I certainly paid more than I wanted to.

With these two added to the collection, I suppose the only figure I'm missing is the vinyl cape Jawa, and that one is absolutely out of the question. I am not spending $3,000.00 on a two inch piece of vinyl. That is just stupid in my book. The figure itself is a dime a dozen, so to ask that much for a cape is just idiotic. Then again, I suppose most "normal" people wouldn't spend $200.00 on the two figures I posted about here. So, to each their own, I guess.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

3 comments: