Hugo (Kenner)



Hugo (AKA Presenting Hugo Man Of A Thousand Faces)
Kenner
1975

What a horrific puppet, in a Dr. Evil sort of way. I can't believe children of the 70's actually wanted a Hugo puppet.

Hugo's claim to fame was that he was a "Man of a thousand faces." However, unlike toys such as, Mr. Potato Head, Hugo didn't sport peg holes to accommodate his many facets of head and facial hair, noses, glasses, moles, etc. Instead, children of the era would need to utilize stick glue, or some other form of adhesive, to add the pieces to his face. "Hugo can be anything...make him into villains, heroes, comics and spies."

Look, call him what you will, I think Hugo is terrifying...and somewhat racist with his Asian looking disguise. Hugo is a man of many faces. In particular, the number of printed Benjamin's faces it will cost you to procure one. Mint in the box ones have sold for as much as five hundred fifty dollars. Personally, I won't be adding one of these freaky things to my collection - Regardless of how much it costs.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

6 comments:

  1. Does he look up all the time? Yeah, he's creepy af!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It's really freaky, because it feels like it's always watching you.

      Delete
  2. I think I had one of these because my brother bought it at a garage sale. Creepy as hell. Chucky's uncle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooph. I'm sorry you had one of those in your house.

      Delete
  3. I remember a few years back that Cal from Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness was looking for one of these. It looks like the advertising suggested that kids could wear the disguises as well though how they were supposed to attach them to their faces I don't know. Glue as well I guess?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness. Now that takes me back. I haven't been to his site in a long while.

      But, yeah. Each piece had some form of sticky substance on it for slapping it on your own face.

      Delete