Birthday Gifts!



Wow, what a fantastic day it was with my girl. We got out, saw some places we had never been, and while they didn't necessarily deliver a power packed punch, it was nice to just get away.

When we got home from our outing, my girlfriend had laid out a mountain of gifts for me.


Mind you, first thing in the morning I got a package which had three brand new shirts in them...You seriously don't know how desperately I need shirts.


These won't go to waste, and I would have been happy just to get them along with the outing we had.

But, there was more!

 Croc Master! Cobra's evil...Um...Croc master.


I'm a breakfast cereal fiend! I love curling up under a blanket and watching cartoons with a bowl of sugary cereal. The more nostalgic the type, the better. I've never had Birthday Cake Cookie Crisp, but I look forward to cracking this box open tomorrow morning.


Thundercats, ho! Season one, volume one, season one, volume two and season two, volume two on DVD with an IOU for season two, volume two. As I compiled my prior post and this one, I've actually already made it through disc one of season one. Can't wait to see more!


Black Bird Cider Works was a cider I tried for the first time a couple weeks ago when we went to a Korean BBQ joint. It was so delicious that my girl tracked down a four pack for me.


Can't go wrong with Sgt. Slaughter! He joins my newly bulked up Joe team members on the shelf.


Yes, yes, yes! A new USB cable for my iPod. Now I can listen to music at work on my iPod which refuses to hold a charge any longer.


Classic mini arcade cabinets! FUN!!!!


Rampage, one of my all time favorite arcade games!


Frogger, a classic until the end of time.


Pac-Man, the arcade game which shaped an era of video game enthusiasts.


Q*Bert....Hard as *#&^@!


While these were fun to play a couple levels on, I have to admit it was rather difficult playing on such a small "cabinet" with adult sized hands, squinting down glasses with aging eyes. Still, they have their charm.


I had been wanting this remastered three CD and one DVD combo of Prince's Purple Rain for the longest time. Ironic that I almost bought it at CDepot when I was there. Glad I didn't.


Check out all these tracks on the CD's!  The DVD contains what appears to be a live concert.


Last up from my girlfriend was something I have been wanting for a long time. Those of you who have been reading my trips to Timonium know I have been looking for this one every time I go to the show.


Kenner's Knight 2000 car with Michael Knight for the absolute win of the day!



This thing seriously trumps the Ghostbuster's Firehouse and figures all day long!



Love it!


My girlfriend's son and his wife also got me a couple gifts!

Skullcany Ink's earbuds!


I don't think I've ever mentioned this, but I sleep with headphones in, typically listening to some form of cartoon, because my ears constantly ring from drumming since the age of five. Think it through before you follow a career in music. Your ears will pay for it in the end.

They also gave me a Black and Decker edger, which I have desperately needed  since moving. My girl and I have been looking weekly for one like this, but it's always been sold out. I'm not sure where he found one, but it definitely won't go to waste.


What a great day! An all day outing with my girl. Fun and fantastic gifts. What more could a guy ask for? I have truly been spoiled today...and this entire week.

I have one final outing planned for tomorrow to wrap this week up with, but sadly I don't know if it's going to happen. Not by anything I've done, but just...Well, let me just say, wait until tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

Until then, thanks as always for reading and for all the wonderful comments today for my birthday well wishes. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments: