Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!



Say his name three times and he'll appear! 

Beetlejuice...

 Beetlejuice...

Beetlejuice!

Today I received the larger than I thought Vanishing Vault. This thing is almost twelve inches long, and a good four inches wide.

For those of you who read my post on obtaining Beetlejuice figures, then you recall I settled for picking up the Phantom Flyer. You'll also recall, shortly afterwards, my lack of patience as I opened them all.

I knew right from the start that the ideal way (for me) to display this line would be with the Vanishing Vault, so I immediately went to work on seeing if I could track one down. The key was finding one cheap, because quite honestly my initial reaction to the line wasn't a strong one. I'm happy to say that not only did I find one for under $20.00, but it was also in brand new, unopened condition.

You saw the box above, but let's rip into this thing and get it all assembled!





So far, so good. Love the detail and all the way the figure displays inside.





For a line that relatively disappointed me, the Vanishing Vault is doing quite the opposite. I love all of that wonderful detail etched into every inch of it. Not to mention the paint job. It all just works perfectly.


For those of you wondering what the tiny version of Beetlejuice is all about, look no further then the instructions above on the back of the box. He's all a part of the shtick of the toy. Make your full size Beetlejuice figure vanish, and reappear as a tiny one. It's a goofy trick that kids would fall for.


Overall, I'm really happy with this particular "playset" and the figure I've incorporated into it.

Speaking of which, with my purchase, I also received a loose version of Shipwreck Beetlejuice. He's missing his three headed green monster, but overall he's in pretty good shape.


He has an action feature where when you squeeze his legs together, green tentacles pop out of his head and his arms fly up. That's the photo way at the top of this post.

Now that I have the Vanishing Vault in my collection, and I've actually taken a moment to set up my toys, I actually dig this line a lot more.


I'm by no means going to actively expand on it. I won't rule it out. However, it's not a line I would turn my nose up at if I had a few dollars to spare, and found one of the figures for really cheap / complete.

Just goes to show you. Sometimes you just need the right piece to tie it all together.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments:

  1. They're like little pieces of modern art lol.So much to look at.I think they'd display well alongside your Kenner Ghostbusters .Come to think of it,that would be a great "crossover" ,no pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crossover. Ha.

      I thought about putting them with my Ghostbusters too, but that firehouse is already so jam packed with figures and ghosts. If I put anything else with them it's going to be a Janine.

      Delete