One Last Hoorah For The Week



To close out the week perfectly, my brother and sister coordinated a visit for lunch and an afternoon of bowling.

Of course, with that wrap up came a few more toys and gifts.

My sister got me a Visa gift card which will work great for something in the very near future. What, I don't know at this point in time.

My brother brought with him a box of goodies he had picked up on my behalf at a flea market in his area, which I promptly paid him for.

Check it!



Ever since I got back into Captain Power, I have wanted to get the Power On playset for the perfect display option of the figure. Because this was bought in conjunction with some other stuff, I was able to talk the guy down considerably (over the phone via my brother). Let's be honest here - Captain Power is a tough sale to make. Take the money and run where you can. I ended up paying $15.00 for this mint in the box.


 Of course, you know me an boxes. That had to go.


 Love that crystal clear, perfect emblem of untouched paint on his chest. Tops my loose one all day long (which isn't in terrible shape either).


With the help of four AA batteries, the Power On playset was good to go!

On a side note, it makes terrible noise. This thing must have driven my parents nuts back in the day.

The next items I picked up were ones I have been patiently seeking out for a while now.


Kenner's vintage Star Wars MovieViewer.


This one came with the box and instructions, but was already open - Perfect for someone like me who would have opened it anyway. It also included the packed in cassette, May the Force Be With You.


 The guy also had two other cassettes which I picked up, Destroy Death Star and Battle in Hyperspace. I only need two more cassettes to complete the set, Danger at the Cantina and Assault on Death Star. These things used to be in abundance when I was first looking for them, but have since gotten a little scarce. Especially in the boxes.

Speaking of which, these two came in their (opened boxes), which weren't in terrible shape at all. They also all worked perfectly when inserted into the viewer.


Take a peak inside, won't you!


It's toy and home video release all in one! Win / win! Really begs the question of why I never got these before with that thought in mind. 



These really are nothing more than Super 8 tapes which are hand spun through a "projector".


Lastly, I got a handful of CD's which my brother found at another local flea market. Nothing "special", but they do fill in some cracks in my collection.

Bon Jovi's Lost Highway*Billy Ocean's Love Zone*Erasure's Wonderland
Bon Jovi's Have A Nice Day*Motley Crue's Girls, Girls, Girls*Flaco's Helden Von Heute

This wraps up the absolute most perfect week. I honestly can't think of a better time I could have had. With the exception of Tosche Station not opening, and ending up at a store which was closed, I had a blast.

Next Saturday - Fairfax Comic Con!

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment