Retro Spins: A Flock Of Seagulls - A Flock Of Seagulls



One of the first new wave bands of the 80's, and credited from defining dance music as it would evolve into, A Flock Of Seagulls became a mainstay on radio stations in 1982 with their hit, "I Ran (So Far Away). While it wouldn't be their only hit, it would be their most popular, as well as, the only one to crack the top ten.

While I wish I could sit here and tell you how influential the band was to me growing up in the 80's, or how their music defined what I listened to from the era, the sad truth of the matter is that I didn't even really like the song until 2007. Though I knew of the song, I Ran (So Far Away) in the 80's, I really never listened to it. It wasn't until, Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80's, that I heard it from start to finish. I remember being really surprised at the guitar work on the track. It was pretty solid.

No, I didn't rush out and buy the album that day. Far from it. It wouldn't be another thirteen years until I would bother with that. And this was only because it made it to my low priority category of 80's albums to collect.

After hearing the 1982 self titled debut album from the band, I can honestly say, I Ran (So Far Away), was really the only stand out track. So much so, that I couldn't even tell you how any of the other songs go. I've already forgotten them all.

As an 80's staple, it's a good album to have among my collection, but it is by no means a must own or a determent should it have been omitted.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

Disclaimer: They Toy Box does not endorse or contribute to piracy. Retro Spins posts are intended for educational and entertainment purposes only. None of the music discussed here is available for sale, downloading or distribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment