Christmas CD Countdown 2023! December 9th

  

A couple years ago, or maybe just last year, I can't remember, I started packing away CD"s I was buying between October and November to have myself a CD a day Christmas countdown. It's like getting a gift every day leading up to the holiday. It helps tied over the excitement of the coming day, and well, it's just fun.

This year's focus was live albums, and 80's discography clean up. The latter meaning that it wasn't necessarily an album I had on my want list for a specific song, but rather to have an entire decade collection of a specific artist.

For as much love as Elton John gets, there are a lot of people who call him out frequently for his albums that they consider to have been unnecessary. There's no denying that despite the shear volume of releases he's had over his multi-decade career, a lot of that music isn't good to the vast majority.


1981's The Fox completes my 80's collection of the singer, and I'd be lying if I said I knew any of the songs off of it. I'm willing to give it a chance, and hoping to find something that stands out. But, I'm not holding my breath.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments:

  1. Have never even heard of this album and I'm a big fan. Will be interested to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked out the single, Elton's Song. It was pretty good. Have not had a chance to hear the album in full yet.

      Delete