Retro Spins: Adam And The Ants - Prince Charming



With how much I enjoyed Bow Wow Wow's EP The Last Of The Mohicans, and knowing it was the Ants from Adam and the Ants who were the musicians on the record, I thought it was time to dabble a bit more into Adam Ant himself. I've had a greatest hits album from him for quite some time, but I honestly never listened to it. Instead, I stayed confined to the handful of tracks I knew off of it, which aren't actually all that many.

As I began researching this album, I found that his prior record, Kings of the Final Frontier is actually regarded as his best work. With that said, I'm a bit disappointed I neither picked that album up, or knew this until writing this up for my review of Prince Charming.

With regards to Prince Charming, I found the songs to be a little silly, quite frankly. At least lyrically. There's a bunch of odd lyrics, and a whole lot of chanting and hollering. It was all rather peculiar.

I was at least pleased to get tracks Prince Charming and Stand and Deliver from the album. I'll take Ant Rap as a plus (if I have to), but it's by far from what I would call a "good" song. I really wanted to hear something on this album which stood out among everything else as the definitive track from it. Sadly, this never happened.

The biggest disappointment to this is that I actually bought Prince Charming along with two other Adam Ant CD's. However, after hearing this one, I don't necessarily feel like I have to hear any more from him.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment