Christmas 2021: Part II

 

With the kids gone, it was time for my girl and I to have a little quite time, and enjoy our own Christmas.


We started our day by ordering some breakfast from Panera. Well, sort of. While my girl got a bagel with cream cheese, I ordered a turkey bacon bravo sandwich. We had so many eggs from the pizzas the past couple days that I was sick of all breakfast related foods.

After eating, we let the dog do his thing with some Christmas treats and new toys.


He still has several more treats, but the toys did not survive the day.

With the dog fully content, we proceeded with opening the gifts from each other.

The Christmas elves must have been talking with each other because my girl filled in the two blanks of Amazing Spider-Man comics my brother didn't get. She also got me this awesome Archie: 80 Years of Christmas digest.

I'm not sure where she found this cool G.I. Joe beer can, but its pretty awesome. This is a legit can from the 1980's by Schell's Brewery. I'd never heard of it until today, and have no clue if it was intended to be related to the Hasbro license.

I also got this amazing Probe Droid from the 1980's Turret & Probot Playset from Kenner's The Empire Strikes Back line. I toyed (no pun intended) around with adding this one to my vintage collection, but never did. Now I don't have to worry about it anymore.

You can't have Christmas without great snacks that you wouldn't normally buy year round. This year I got some Pocky, S'more Moose Munch, caramel apple coffee, and a Walker's rich fruit pudding. I can never finish the latter, it's simply too big. But, man, do I love trying.

One of the things I have been kicking around in my head is that when I redo my kitchen, I'm going to do it in an homage to the Fallout series. This will include red plates and utensils, as well as appliances. To help me in starting with that, I got all of these great Fallout themed items.

Above is the re-released Jones Soda Nuka-Cola Quantum and two drinking glasses. Below is the official cookbook, a new coffee mug, and some hand towels.

I also got these awesome metal signs to hang up.

This is a great start in implementing my plan!

Last up, I got two more cartoon series on DVD, and a couple CD's!

Beetlejuice and Heathcliff will fit in nicely among my collection, and are ones I have been eager to revisit. I'm so incredibly backlogged though, so I don't know when I'm going to get to these. I may have to bump them up on the watch list.

These two CD's in the "Now" collection are awesome on so many levels. First and foremost, I have to correct myself. While it may look like two CD's, each one is actually five discs. What makes these so great is that the title, "Forgotten 80's" is no joke. There are so many obscure and great tracks from artists that never saw an official CD release, or if they did are stupid expensive. This is a great way to fill in so many of those gaps. Each set contains a whopping one hundred songs!

We finished the day by ordering some Indian food, and settling in with Don't Look Up. This movie may boast a star studded cast, and even has some funny moments. However, quite frankly it's a very depressing movie. Overall, I didn't enjoy this one.

My goal is to finish the night off on a more positive note, and for that, I'm turning to the Netflix film, Klaus. I'm also going to flip through my new cookbook while watching it.

Though we had some up and down moments with the kids, overall it was a great visit, and an enjoyable Christmas. It's sad that it's over, but also relieving at the same time.

I hope that all of you had an equally great holiday. Here's to you, your family, and to a new year on the horizon. Merry Christmas!

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

4 comments: