The Flintstones (Remco)

 

The Flintstones
Remco
1961

Like The Flintstones? How about motorized wooden or plastic models? Okay, one more question, you enjoy collecting Remco toys? Well, if you said yes to any of those, but hopefully all three of them, then the 1961 line of motorized wooden and plastic models from Remco based on The Flintstones, may be what you're missing in you life. 

Each set, sold separately of course, featured a slew of pieces for kids to put together, including cardboard characters and animals to adhere to each one. If that weren't enough fun in the box, each set came with a comic book style instruction sheet, with full color illustrations.

Remco released three individual sets, Paddy Wagon, Sports Car & Trailer and Yacht. Ironically, if you've seen the sown, you know that neither Fred nor Barney could afford a yacht or sports car. Also not sure what they could have done to end up in the back of a cop car...er...dinosaur. Perhaps they stole the other two vehicles, and ended up arrested in the end?

While I dig the premise of these toys, I'd be lying if I said they were for me. I'm not a fan of building things, not even toys.

Then again, even if I did, the $200.00 complete in the box price is pretty rich for my blood for something like this. Still, they're pretty darn neat.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

4 comments:

  1. I feel like I've played with this before as a kid or something similar. Then again 1961 was a very long time ago. Remco is such an underrated toy brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss Remco. They created so many amazing toys, but seem to often get forgotten amongst the Hasbro's, Kenner's and Mattel's of the world.

      Delete
  2. Would be cool to see those instruction sheets.

    ReplyDelete