Leftover Makeover: Chicken And Mashed Potatoes To Mock Thanksgiving Sandwich



Inspired by my newfound desire to zsoosh up leftovers, I'm at it again.

The original meal consisted of a pair of chicken breasts which I rolled in a mixture of flour, salt, pepper and ground sage. From there, I threw them in a pan which had a couple tablespoons of olive oil all nicely heated up. Upon giving them a good browning, I threw in a tablespoon of butter, lemon juice, a bit of cilantro and a splash of white wine and let them finish cooking.

While that was going, I took the lazy route and made a prepackaged mashed potatoes and popped a can of cranberry sauce open. The end result was this.


Now I will admit that this particular leftover transformation is far from creative. In fact, it's essentially the same thing.

I sliced up the remaining chicken breast and threw it in a skillet. On the other side of said skillet, I scooped the remaining mashed potatoes on, sprinkled some cheddar cheese on top and let everything get hot.

Once that was done, I buttered up a slice of bread and dropped it on the skillet too, letting it get all nice and grilled. When it was done, I spread a little mayo on it, layered my chicken, dropped the potatoes on top and hit it with the remaining cranberry sauce to have a nice open faced mock Thanksgiving sandwich.


Honestly, the leftover meal was better than the first round. I kind of wish I would have done this both times. Then again, if I had, there would be no Leftover Makeover post. And who wants that?

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

6 comments:

  1. I'm digging the mash potato, cranberry sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks and sounds pretty yummy. Because of the social isolation we have more food in the house than usual. I hope you are fairing well through this. I am in an essential business but we have been split into two teams working 3 days a week. Hopefully I can use my new found free time to blog a bit more than I have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty amazing. I'm stocked up myself, but with predictions that things are going to get worse, I'm really trying to make sure I don't waste any food.

      If I wasn't working on some form of post, I would be going bonkers.

      Delete