Title: The Amazing Spider-Man
Issue Number: 11
Release Date: April 1964
- Doctor Octopus returns
- Spider-Man invents and uses his first spider tracker
- Peter Parker wants to tell Betty Brant he's Spider-Man
- However, when Bennett Brant takes a bullet to the chest when Spider-Man and Blackie are fighting and dies, Betty shouts at our hero telling him how much she hates him
- Try as he might, Spider-Man still doesn't know how to beat Doctor Octopus
- At this point in time of the Spider-Man series, Marvel doesn't seem to really know what to do with Doctor Octopus as a villain, regulating him to breaking Blackie out of prison for money
- Really? The guy's name is Blackie?
- We finally learn Betty Brant's secret and it's not worth the hype built up over the prior issues
- Betty Brant's secret is that her brother owes a gambling debt to a mobster...who's in prison...and he's the attorney for...Huh? Just leave him in prison and say, "Have a nice day!"
- Doctor Octopus betrays Blackie in the end to take the money he was already going to get...plus a boat?
Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.