The Continuing Adventures In The Comic Shop



October means a trip to my brother's house, and a trip to my brother's house means a trip to The Comic Shop in Glen Mill's, Pennsylvania.

The selection didn't seem to have changed much since my last visit, but there were a few gems to be fond. Sadly, I regret not snapping any photos from my visit.

I was particularly interested in the small selection of Thundercats figures, as well as, perusing what G.I. Joe's they had. However, I was open to expanding if there were things to be found, and in particularly thumbed through their back issues of comics. While this turned up a few things, in the long run, I ended up passing on all things comic related and stuck to the tried and true action figures.

My first acquisition was for my Thundercats collection.

 S-S-Slithe

This was followed by a couple Joe figures. While I wasn't necessarily looking to necessarily expand on my figure collection, the price point for these couple from 1988 weren't going to be passed up. Especially when I looked at my collection list and saw that I only needed a handful of vehicle drivers to complete the set.

Well...Sort of. I still need a few Tiger Force and all of the Night Force ones.

 Armadillo

In hindsight, he's probably got the worst name in G.I. Joe history. He is...

 Skidmark

Last, I picked up a vintage Kenner vehicle from the Star Wars line.

Landspeeder

It's simplistic, but the vintage Landspeeder was never one I had as a kid. The hood goes down all the way, but I guess got popped and unnoticed when taking the photo.

The following day, I went back to The Comic Shop and end up picking up some of the comics I was looking at the day before.

Web Of Spider-Man
Issue Number 1

Web Of Spider-Man number one is a key issue in that it involves the final showdown between Peter Parker, Spider-Man against the symbiote, aka his black Spidey costume...

 Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars
Issue Number 8

...Which of course all started in Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars. The first appearance of Spidey in his black smbiote costume.

 The Thanos Quest
Book One

The prelude which eventually led to The Infinity Gauntlet mini-series. The Thanos Quest tells the story of the villain obtaining all of the infinity stones over a two-book story arc. The shop had both together for one reasonable price.

 The Thanos Quest
Book Two

They also had the entire six issue mini-series of The Infinity Gauntlet, a story I have long since wanted to re-own.

 The Infinity Gauntlet
Issue Number One

 The Infinity Gauntlet
Issue Number Two

 The Infinity Gauntlet
Issue Number Three

 The Infinity Gauntlet
Issue Number Four

 The Infinity Gauntlet
Issue Number Five

The Infinity Gauntlet
Issue Number Six

Overall, it was a lucrative two day visit to the place.
Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment