Retro Spins: The J. Geils Band - Freeze Frame



The J. Geils Band
Freeze Frame
1981

Everybody at this point probably knows the hit Centerfold from The J. Geils Band. Sadly, not to many people can name a song beyond that. Sure, I knew of the other hits, Freeze Frame and Love Stinks, but honestly that's about as far as my knowledge on the band went.

Though I purchased the album Freeze Frame for two of the three above mentioned tracks, I got a few other fantastic treats as my reward for picking it up. Though their most famous track, again, Centerfold, is known for it's pop feel, there are actually quite a few deep tracks to be found from the group. For example the guitar work on track nine's River Blindness grabbed my very core.

Other gems included Insane, Insane Again and Flamethrower, which got added to my 80's iTunes mix. In total, I nabbed five tracks from the album - All of which have been listed above.

I'm actually kind of curious to hear some more from The J. Geils Band. This album was pretty good. Believe it or not, Freeze Frame is only one of eleven albums from the band, with three being released in the 80's and all the rest in the 70's. That's a pretty impressive catalog for a group relatively known for one song. I'm definitely going to have to hunt for Love Stinks (1980) and You're Gettin' Even While I'm Gettin' Odd (1984). From there I'll see if I want to dig even deeper.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

4 comments:

  1. Flamethrower was definitely the B-side on one of the singles, that's how I discovered it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Centerfold and Freeze frame were two songs I constantly wanted to hear on the radio. Downloading to playlist....now.

    ReplyDelete