I'd Buy That For A Dollar!



Every now and then, I stop into a place called Hope's Treasures, a thrift shop located in a city down the main Route of where I live. Mind you, I'm not looking for toys, clothing or various bricka brackas which have long since been abandoned by their original owners to collect dust on an equally dusty shelf. Instead, I stop by to peruse their very limited CD collection.

It doesn't get refreshed very often, but when it does, there's often times a gem to be found. If you recall my last visit, I scored some pretty descent stuff, and this time, I think I may have even done a little better.


I'm not a big fan of Will Smith beyond his DJ Jazzy Jeff years, but I don't hate the guy's solo attempts. I just more so prefer the comedic albums to his serious side. Still, I felt Willenium wouldn't be a terrible buy. For nothing else, it had Wild Wild West on it.

Megadeth's Countdown To Extinction has been on my want list for a long time, but always got pushed aside in favor of an album from the 80's. I neither expected, nor was about to leave it behind, when I found it at the thrift shop.

Personally, I'm not a fan of The Judds, but I know a fair amount of songs from them as a result of being subjected to them fairly often on weekends. My mom was notorious for playing some form of country music CD while subjecting us to chores around the house. I picked this one up more so for the personal nostalgia of it and recognized pretty much all the songs.

I've never seen the film Coyote Ugly, but the track listing on the back was pretty solid for me to add this one to the pile. Don Henley's All She Wants To Do Is Dance, EMF's Unbelievable, INXS' Need You Tonight, Snap's The Power and The Charlie Daniels Band's The Devil Went Down To Georgia make for a really impressive soundtrack mix. I suppose the other seven tracks do too, but I don't know who any of those people are or what their songs are...Yet.

At a quarter a piece, these were easy to walk away with. While it won't be any time soon, I'll definitely keep this place in my rotation to pop by every now and then to check out new stock.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.