Retro Spins: Journey - Escape



Okay, let me get in the mood for this one. I wasn't a big fan of Journey's Departure, and even had some opposing views to my opinion on the band during my review of that album. But, hey, to each their own, right? I don't judge.

Escape, or Esc4p3, was the band's 1981 entry, and features what I called the most overplayed song of all time, Don't Stop Believing. It also contains some of their other hits, respectively, Who's Crying Now and Open Arms. These three songs I know from my main exposure to the band, Journey's Greatest Hits from 1988. However, as I've said before, part of the purpose of Retro Spins is for me to expand my horizons on bands and artists from the era. So, time to dive in and see what Escape has to offer.

From what I heard, it was better than Departure. However, I'd also be lying if I said I was paying all that close attention to it as I was busy multi-tasking on a toy post for The Toy Box. When I did focus my attention back on the CD, I heard decent tracks. Mother Father was the only one I didn't know from the album which stood out. I might add that one to my shuffle.

As for the rest of them, I'm thinking hits are going to be the hits for me, and the rest are passable. Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

I do have a few more Journey albums to make my way through, so maybe something will change in the future.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment