Eternia Dreams


George and I went back to Eternia Dreams leading up to the Memorial Day holiday, and though it took me a while to get around to posting it, today's the day!

Eternia Dreams used to be housed in a quaint little house type store in the middle of nowhere. However, they recently moved to a new location, opting to take up residency in one of the last surviving malls in America.

While it didn't have that fun "home town" feel to it anymore, what it did have was expanded space, and the girth to display all of their inventory in all its splendid glory.

Take a tour with me!




One of the many walls of He-Man. Yes, those really are a legit Gigantor and Tytus. The clerk behind the counter said they wanted $15,000.00 for the pair! They even had Laser Light Skeletor and Laser Light He-Man. While these weren't on their bubbles, they did come with the cardbacks.




Makes sense that Eternia Dreams would have an Eternia Playset, among other things.




You know, maybe it's just me, but I would actually want a tent like this to sleep in...if I could fit in it. For some reason, I really want to build a couch fort around one, and eat cereal while while cartoons in it.









While they had a lot of comics, they really weren't as impressive as the toys. They just didn't have a whole lot of "big" books that I expected to see based on their rare toy counterparts.



Eternia Dreams has always specialized in two main things. Master of the Universe (of course), and G.I. Joe.









And of course, you can't have toy store without a Star Wars section.











Think of a toy brand, they probably had something from it somewhere. Fans of Marvel and DC toys certainly will find a slew of figures to choose from.













That's just  a snazzy way to sell loose / incomplete TMNT figures.







I considered getting one of their autographed Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees figures, but passed right away when they said they were $140.00 each. For that price, I'd rather get it in person if / when the actor makes a convention appearance. As I explained to George, I don't even know who the guy is, and it was more so a novelty to get one (if the price would have been right).



Their video game section grew a bit, but it still seems incredibly small. There was a whole lot of nothing going on in this section. If nothing else, I was expecting to come away with an NES game, but did not.


I almost grabbed a read along Secret of the Sword from this section, but they wanted twenty bucks for it. In general, things were just really expensive here.



Though I picked up, and put back a lot of stuff, I didn't leave empty handed. However, I also didn't go for broke. When it was all set and done, I opted for one thing.


I'd never seen this album out in the wild, nor on Discogs, where I frequently buy CD's from. While it was definitely priced higher than it was worth, after walking around with it for the longest time, I decided to just grab it.

George and I listened to most of the first disc on the way home. However, before we made that journey, we stopped at a local diner for a bite to eat.


Plum Crazy Diner had some really good looking food coming out of the kitchen, and while I liked what I got, I still think I chose poorly. I should have gone with the meatloaf or burger. People around us were crushing those plates left and right.


Instead, I got a plate of blueberry crepes, and a couple sausage and cheese biscuits. George had to help me eat two of the three crepes. I was stuffed after washing it all down with a strawberry shake.


The journey was a good time, but both George and I decided that he new location, while larger, was simply too much further from home than we both expected, and that it was probably our last trip to Eternia Dreams. But, who knows. Maybe our minds will change after some time has passed.
 
Wrapping up the trip, George gave me the new Marvel Legends Retro Green Goblin.
 

Seriously. Just straight up gave it to me for keepsies! Sweet! I placed a pre-order for this one when it was announced, and was expecting it at some point in September. So cool to have it now!

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

8 comments:

  1. WOW! Just WOW! I see a few of my wants at this store .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've already changed my mind and want to go back. :-P
    Now we know what to expect in terms of distance and drive time.

    When are you writing the review about the He-Man soundtrack?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we do, we have to make an event out of it, and stop at Toy Exchange.

      Delete
    2. Toy Exchange, Eternia, and Lost in Time.

      Delete
    3. That's gonna be a long day. Great fun, but long. Gonna need to bring my coffee.

      Delete
  3. Genghis Frog! Man I need to track down the 2 vintage punk frogs that were made one day for my frog section! That store looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely a cool place to hang out.

    ReplyDelete