Kit Kat: Limited Edition Blueberry Muffin

 

Kit Kat launches yet another limited edition flavor, and one that just so happens to be my favorite kind of muffin, blueberry.


I don't honestly eat candy often. However, when I do, Kit Kat's are definitely my all time go-to. So when I saw these tempting blueberry muffin limited edition treats, I grabbed a couple packs for the road.

Now, admittedly, I'm a little weird when it comes to eating chocolate. I won't just open the pack and dig in. Instead, mine take, at minimum, a day in the freezer. I like my candy frozen, and crunchy.


 The pictures of this bar don't do it justice. I'm not sure what happened in the photograph, but these sticks are not brown. Rather, they do indeed have the blueish hue as seen on the package.

Chomping off a bit of a stick, the blueberry muffin taste is predominant, and 100% all in. There is no doubt what this flavor is supposed to be. The wafer is crispy, giving it that Kit Kat mouthfeel. All and all, it was rather enjoyable.

After finishing the bar, which admittedly I ate in one sitting, I started to notice something rather undesirable. The blueberry flavor was not leaving my mouth, and it was quite pungent and harsh. It honestly detracted from the overall enjoyment of eating it. This was a shame, because the bar itself was good, but the after effect very undesirable.

This is definitely one to try, but in moderation to potentially avoid the aftertaste.

***UPDATE***

Smaller, or standard sized "bars" definitely help with the aftertaste, which also grew on me with subsequent bars.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments:

  1. What kind of sorcery is this? Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got the king size at Giant. Saw regular size at CVS today.

      Delete