Americana Mine

 

While sitting at work today, I received a text on my phone. It was one I never would have expected to get in a million years. It was from my girl, who said, "This would work well for your Fallout based kitchen." To it, she attached a photo.

Looking at the image, I immediately had to have it. I envisioned it in the side of our kitchen nook with classic red napkin dispensers and my Fallout salt an pepper shakers.

The seller wanted $100.00, or best offer. I said, "Tell them I will pay $100.00, and pick it up now!" The deal was made, and my workday cut short as I left the office and headed down the road.


This right here is hot! This table and chairs totally screams Fallout to me with its classic Americana look, and red finishes. Sure, it's missing a chair, but honestly, three seems more comfortable than four. Gives you that elbow room.

The folks I bought it from said that it belonged to their grandmother, who has had it for years.


Here's where you might think me crazy, as that Coca-Cola logo that has been neatly painted into the surface will soon have a large sticker placed over it. I don't look at it so much as destroying an antique. Rather, bringing it into the 21st century for an all new generation.


This has finally stoked my fire hot enough to push finishing my kitchen in a Fallout style. I'm all in at this point!

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

10 comments:

  1. Dude! That is outfreakinstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it may be the only piece of furniture I've ever paid money for.

      Delete
  2. Score! I love classic diner type stuff like this. We have a replica black payhone on the wall in our kitchen. It's got push buttons instead of the dial but it looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I'd keep it as-is, myself, but I like Coca-Cola stuff, so that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd totally go with the Nuka Cola logo. That's a pretty neat, though, no matter which way you go with it. The chairs look to be in fantastic shape, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked by the overall condition of everything. Pristine!

      Delete