Thanksgiving 2021 Prep

 

Things are in high gear around my house in anticipation of Thanksgiving 2021.

My turkey breast jumped into its brine bath on Friday, November 19th, and I've been rotating it every twenty-four hours since. It will come out of this on Monday around 5:00 PM, and from there get wrapped in plastic wrap to dry in the fridge until Thursday.

The brine should keep it nice and moist while baking, as well as add some lovely flavor of poultry seasoning, which is included in the chicken stock liquid it's sitting in.

I followed this up with infusing some olive oil with thyme, salt and pepper, which I'll let sit for six days leading up to the holiday. This is what my root vegetables will be tossed in come Thanksgiving morning, and roasted later in the day.


Wednesday, November 24th will be an even bigger day, and I've actually taken off for this one. But more on that when the day arrives.

Until then, Thanksgiving preparations are well in the works, and I'm growing more and more excited as each day ticks away.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment