The Three Stooges (Exclusive Premiere)



The Three Stooges
Exclusive Premiere
1996

Writing about Exclusive Premiere the other day actually got me interested in tracking down a few more of the dolls. Mainly because I wanted to see more of the box designs. For this, I decided to start with the companies first series of dolls, The Three Stooges.

Unfortunately, the design of the packages aren't as good as the one for Bewitched. Don't get me wrong, it's a fine looking package, it just doesn't have all that extra added detail from the latter characters released.

 Moe

While I've seen a few Stooges shorts, I'm not a massive fan by any means. Don't get me wrong, I'd watch them right now if they were on a TV in front of me. I just never made it a point to catch them every chance I could, and certainly never saw all of their shorts. As such, I don't really know what design these particular dolls are based on. Considering Moe, Curly and Larry also frequented the big screen, in addition to televisions, I don't even know if these are based on a short or a feature film.

Fortunately, the mystery isn't difficult to solve. The back of the box captures all of this detail, and explains they're based on The Three Little Pigskins - A 1934 Short.

 Curly

As I mentioned in my post on Bewitched, one of the consistent issues collector's have with Exclusive Premiere dolls is the overall sculpting. If it weren't for the packaging, I wouldn't be able to recognize who each character was supposed to be. They look more so like rejects from the 60's Batman TV series.

Larry

Price wise, these things are cheap. You can grab them brand new in the box for as little as five bucks a piece. Of course, if you are looking for Three Stooges dolls, there are also better ones out there. On the same hand, there's also ones which are just as bad.
 
Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment