Retro Spins; Pretty In Pink



You should see me in green...

Teen sensations Molly Ringwald (Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club) and Andrew McCarthy (St. Elmo's Fire) drew raves for their starring performances in this hit love story by John Hughes (The Breakfast Club, Mr. Mom).

She's a high school girl from the wrong side of town. He's the wealthy heartthrob who asks her to the prom. But as fast as their romance builds, it's threatened by the painful reality of peer pressure.

A bittersweet story with an upbeat ending and a phenomenal rock score, Pretty in Pink also stars Harry Dean Stanton, Jon Cryer, James Spader and Annie Potts. - Back of the original VHS

I saw the Pretty In Pink soundtrack ranked on one of those random Top "X" List of Greatest Soundtracks of the 80's that one can often come across during a random Google search. Having never seen the movie, I decided I still needed to have the soundtrack. Wow, am I glad I did. This thing rocks!

Songs I'd never heard quickly got added to my iTunes and iPod shuffles, and the rest, while not as good, still weren't terrible. Stand out tracks for me were Left of Center by Suzanne Vega and Joe Jackson, Get To Know Ya by Jesse Johnson, Wouldn't It Be Good by Danny Hutton Hitters, Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want by The Smiths and the hit from Orchestral Maneuvers In The Dark, If You Leave.

This is definitely be an album which will get another spin in the very near future. I highly recommend this to anyone who's a fan of 80's music and / or soundtracks, or even if you're just looking for something new to listen to.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment