Title: The X-Men
Issue Number: 35
Release Date: August 1967
- When you only pop into a title here and there, the editor's notes which reference specific issues really help to bring you up to speed quick - Such is the case with the one in this issue which points to a scenario from issue 32 which saw Professor Xavier being taken by Factor Three, which explains why the X-Men are currently looking for the group
- Events unfold after The Amazing Spider-Man issue 52, and Spider-Man makes reference to his battle with Kingpin from that issue
- The X-Men attack Spider-Man and he beats them all down
- The X-Men try the old, "Oops sorry, I thought you were someone else," routine after the fight, and Spider-Man tells them all to pound sand
- Banshee sends a message to the rest of the team, before blacking out form a recent battle, which states, "Beware the spider," which lead to the team attacking Spider-Man
- Does every super hero in the Marvel universe attack first and ask questions later? Are they all really that dumb?
- Issue was released one full month before The Amazing Spider-Man issue 52, and essentially ruins the cliffhanger of issue 51 (released the same month as this X-Men issue) where Spider-Man has just been defeated and knocked out by Kingpin
Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.
Post a Comment