Mail Call!



I knew I was expecting some things this week, but I guess the sheer volume of it sitting on my stoop really put it into perspective - And mind you, this was only about half the stuff. The remaining is still in transit for Saturday and Monday delivery.


Wow, what a massive box. Too bad the item inside was rattling all about. Thanks Amazon! Glad to see for all the money you rake in that you can't afford bubble wrap or even paper to pad things.


Inside was the newly released Retro Collection Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Game from Hasbro.


The very mild appeal hear, for me, was the exclusive Luke Skywalker (Snow Speeder) figure. I say mild appeal because quite frankly, it's extremely lazy. Hasbro has long since stopped putting any effort into their Star Wars line, and it clearly shows when they package an X-Wing Pilot Luke with a visor and call it a day. Especially when said product is twenty-five dollars. I really hope they don't continue this trend of releasing garbage board games with exclusive figures in this line.


Like all figures from the line, it comes with its own retro style cardback, which immediately got separated from the figure and thrown in the trash.



Though the figure itself is underwhelming, it at least was a step above last years Grand Moff Tarkin because Luke can at least hold the weapons he comes with. Tarkin could not.



The second package was unfortunately no mine. In fact, it wasn't even for my address. This one got put back at the mailbox with the words, "Delivered To Wrong Address" written across it.


For those of you interested strictly in toys, I'm sorry to say the remainder of this post will comprise of comic book related items, which brings me to this box.


On a whim, I purchased Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Ham number one through fourteen, and was pleased with myself. Then I found out there were three more issues in the series. Doh! Number sixteen was in today's batch, with number fifteen still in transit. Seventeen arrived earlier in the week.


I admittedly got a little miffed when I saw this package. Comics stuffed into an unpadded mailer, with the sender telling the post office to handle with care. How about you package things better?


Well, they did. Inside the envelope was this box with yet another note. Hey, Cosmic Trading Post, you're welcome, and thank you for packaging these boxes incredibly well.


Though you can only see the one on top, this is actually a stack of fifteen books, a consecutive run of The Amazing Spider-Man 544 through 557, plus annual 35.


I have mixed feelings about picking this batch of books up. First and foremost because my initial intentions were to only collect up to issue 441, as volume 2 started at that point. However, with the recent announcement of a potential Spider-Man spinoff film featuring Jackpot, I wanted to verse myself in who the character was. These issues pretty much cover her first appearance (with the exception of the Free Comic Book Day 2007 book - which I also have on order) through her death. Yup. Sony is making a film on a character who not only people don't know, but who is already dead in the series.


Next up was a much needed package.


The downside to collecting comics is of course the money you have to spend to protect them. Bags and boards are a necessary evil, along with storage boxes and title dividers. This batch of two hundred will hopefully last for a month or two, but probably not.


Last up was my order from MyComicShop.com. I only started buying from this website in the past six months or so, and I can't say enough good things about them. Every book I've ordered, either high value individual issues, or bulk purchases such as this one has been extremely well packed.


See what I mean?


A big push I recently made was to complete my Web Of Spider-Man and Spectacular Spider-Man runs. This is one of three purchases in transit which will accomplish this - With a couple individual purchases off ebay to fill in gaps where particular issues weren't available.


While this purchase would have completed my run of Web issues, I actually didn't get issue 129 in my order because apparently it was out of stock when they shipped. I have to admit, that really irks me when anyone does that. Don't sell what you don't have. Well, hopefully the copy I just purchased off ebay will arrive quickly.

Until then, I hope you enjoyed me sharing my mail haul with you all.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

6 comments:

  1. Mail call is always fun! Its an adventure just opening the boxes of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great haul.

    One day i might pick up that esb board game, ironically i want the game and not figure lol. I love Hoth stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I would have known that. I gave it to some kids outside.

      Delete
  3. I've been buying up comic bags & boards a lot lately too. Since there were no new comics for a long time, I reallocated that money toward bagging up my old comics. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a bad way at all. It's fun to organize comics and get them all straightened up.

      Delete