What's All The Hub Bub With Jif Peanut Butter And Chocolate?


The inter web has been talking about the all new Jif Peanut Butter and Chocolate, the newest, and first flavor from the brand in a decade. But, is it any good? Is this going to be my new go to flavor for peanut butter sandwiches?


Being a new product, this wasn't something that was immediately available at my local grocery stores. However, with each passing weekend since hearing about it, I continued to check, and eventually came across a few jars remaining on the shelf. What was interesting was that the only size available was the "small" size. Oh well, no big deal, and better than nothing.


Swirling out a knife full, the texture is creamy, but also smooth, a common characteristic among Jif products. Smell wise, it definitely has a chocolate scent. It spreads easily across bread, and because it's thick, holds its own as an evenly distributed layer.


Flavor wise, it's good, but tastes more like Nutella than anything. Though I would occasionally get a district taste of peanut butter or chocolate, I didn't get an actual combined taste of the two. Because of this, I don't see how people can be professing that this tastes like a Reese's peanut butter cup. I don't get that flavor profile at all. I think that this would ultimately taste better on a graham cracker than on bread. I think it would benefit more from a sweeter compliment than yeast. It may even be a beast as a s'more, which I may have to try.

Would I buy this product again? While I wouldn't give an absolute, "no", I will say that as it is I don't tend to buy Nutella in any sort of frequency. I couldn't even tell you the last time I did. However, if the mood struck, and coincided with the opportunity, sure, I would pick it up again.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment