Got My Book

 

In continuation from yesterday's post, I made my way to Lot Con 2023 at my local comic shop, and met up with the vendor who told me he had a copy of The Amazing Spider-Man 36.

This is a minor key in the world of Spider-Man, but also a unique one. It features the 1st appearance of the Looter, Norton Fester, who later becomes Meteor Man. However, the reason I really wanted it is because it's the first use of the word 'Thwip' when activating Spider-Man's web-shooters.

As I get into the lower double digit books in the series, I have to be really choosy about what I can get. I'm only willing to drop a hundred bucks on any given book, and that's reluctantly. So, the ones I get have to be meaningful to me, knowing full well there are several that I will never own.

Fortunately, this book flies under the radar for many collectors, not being a high priority to them. So prices haven't gotten too out of control...Well...In the condition I can afford, which is far from mint.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.


No comments:

Post a Comment