Kellogg's Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi Frosted Flakes

 

It's Saturday morning, which means it's time for cereal and cartoons!

Today, I'm cracking open a box of Obi-Wan Kenobi tie in Frosted Flakes from Kellogg's. I found this cereal while passing along through the breakfast isle of a local grocery store, and decided I would go ahead and give it a try.


Flipping the box over, I noted that the back was the exact same as the front, and had to laugh. The first thought that came to my mind was, "Yep. That's Disney Star Wars. Copy and paste what has already been done."

Filling the bowl, I quickly noted the very uneven ratio of regular pieces to chocolate ones. Clearly Kellogg's doesn't know anything about bringing balance to the force.

I wasn't anticipating much, in the sense that this would be anything "new". It was, after all, just a bowl of Frosted Flakes. However, at a minimum, I was expecting to be able to at least taste the different cereals. Sadly, this was not the case. The dark chocolate pieces didn't come through at all. Had I not seen them in the bowl, I wouldn't have even known they were there. This did indeed just taste like a regular bowl of Frosted Flakes.

I even tried a chocolate flake separately, only to find that in general, it had no flavor. Certainly not one of cocoa.

Would I buy this cereal again? No. I don't tend to buy Frosted Flakes as it is, and I don't see the point of paying the up charge for a licensed version. Perhaps my mindset would have been different if there were a distinct flavor between the two cereals mixed together. 

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps if you would have paired it with a nice cabernet, that would have made a difference. Probably not.

    ReplyDelete