Done With Classified


Today was the day. It was the day where I finally made the decision to cut the teether that is G.I. Joe Classified.

It ultimately came down to me simply no longer wanting to deal with the hassle of collecting this line. I'm tired of the general issues with distribution, having a massive pre-order collection, and exclusives. It's not a fun line to collect, rather a futile practice in waiting. It honestly felt like standing in line at an amusement park, only to find out after waiting and waiting that the ride was a line simulator. I'm just over it.

It felt relieving in a way to hit the cancel button on my twenty+ figures on order. Like that stressful weight was being lifted off my shoulders. I no longer had to worry about the problem.

I can attribute this feeling to another time in my life when I was collecting every Star Wars novel being published, and it became a matter of keeping up for the sake of staying current, even though I wasn't reading them anymore. It was easier to keep up than catch up, and that's essentially where I got to with this line of figures. I wanted to stay current via pre-orders from fear of missing out.

I really wish this line well, because the figures are amazing. But, I simply don't want any more part of it. I've lost interest due to the excessive time that goes by with receiving nothing, and I'm just tired of having things on pre-order. For me, it's just not fun anymore

Now on to my next step - Getting rid of the figures I have. If any of you out there are looking for holes to plug from figure 00 through Croc Master, let me know.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

13 comments:

  1. Bummer. But not unexpected. I canceled most of my preorders, especially from Target. I'll just have fun collecting my few favorites and pick them up in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mentally, I have been done with Classified for a long time. The physical aspect of that just caught up with me today.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear this, but can understand. I just never could find who i wanted. Roadblock and the commander you gave me are the only 2 i have! Ironic you quit it today though lol (my birthday)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy birthday! I knew I should have sent that box the other day! I dropped the ball!

      Delete
  3. I feel you. The lack of Classified out there has lead me to pick up Buzz Lightyear , Marvel Select and Neca figures because it's the only thing out there right now that I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's just it. There are plenty of other things to spend my money on. Personally, I am going to focus on those missing 80's albums in my collection.

      Delete
  4. I don't blame you! I don't even collect them but am in a FB group that does. I do collect the occasional Marvel or SW 6" fig and it's the same there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be a Hasbro thing, because I don't see these issue with Mattel, McFarlane, Funko, or Playmates.

      Delete
    2. Definitely is. HasNot for a few years now.

      Delete
  5. I recently felt the same way about the NECA TMNT line. Too much too soon and the resell community made it hard to get the exclusives. Now I only cherry pick a few of the characters I want and that's it! No more trying to be like Ash Catchem in my desire to catch 'em all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I respect collectors who can do that. My OCD makes it very difficult. I am either all in, or all out.

      Delete
    2. I used to be a completist or at least attempted to be one. Now I'm perfectly comfortable picking and choosing, mostly because the price point of six inch figures hit a tipping point. Still like them, but won't get them all.

      Delete
    3. Man, those prices are stupid high.

      Delete