Star Trek V: The Final Frontier



Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
Galoob
1989

I always say Star Trek V: The Final Frontier is my favorite and people always look at me like I'm crazy. Admittedly I'm no major fan of the Trek. I like the six...Well, five original movies (the first one is painful to sit through), but never got into the original series or spin off shows / movies. So why do I like number five so much? It's simple really. Out of all of the films, it's the one which seems to embrace the original premise of the show - To boldly go where no man has gone before. It brings back the spirit of exploration and seeking out the great beyond - To the point where even Kirk embraces the quest of Sybok out of the shear excitement of the adventure.

Galoob attempted to capitalize on the film in 1989 by releasing a handful of figures (statues really) based on some of the characters. Sadly, like so many Trek toy lines before it, it failed to find a foothold in toy isles. No surprise considering the general consensus was that the film was awful.

Kirk

Spock

Bones

Sybok

Klaa

These days the figures remain relatively unpopular. You can get a set of all five in the box for as little as $50.00. Unfortunately the real challenge is finding a seller who seems to be on the same page with this. We've seen a ton of people trying to get over a hundred dollars for each one...Um....Good luck if you're that guy!

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments:

  1. Wow... I was aware of the mego attempt at Star Trek figures, but I never saw these...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Galoob made quite a few toys based on the films. Well, III and V anyway.

      Delete