Retro Spins: Missing Persons - Spring Session M



Often forgotten from the 80's, Missing Persons were not to be without their hits. Granted, none of them cracked the top ten. All of these songs would come from their 1982 debut, Spring Session M, despite the band following up with four more albums between 1984 and 2020.

Though I wasn't aware at the time, my introduction to the band occurred in the 80's during one of the many MTV video sections cut in between segments of Beavis and Butthead. It's a shame these don't exist anymore, at least not in DVD format. They were often times the funniest parts of the show. But I digress.

From there, I forgot about the song, beyond Beavis making fun of it. Then, about two decades later, I was doing one of my usual searches for best songs of the 80's. The song Words came up on one, or possibly multiple lists, so I set about checking it out on Youtube. As the video played, I immediately got transported back to the Beavis and Butthead episode I saw it on. With a laugh, I turned it off and moved on with my life.

However, something about the song stuck in my head. It wasn't half bad. As such, I added the album to my list, honestly not really thinking I would ever get around to it. But, as I'm sure you can guess from today's Retro Spins, I eventually did.

Spring Session M has a definite 80's sound to it. With its first track, Noticeable Me, the bar actually got raised a bit on my expectations. It was a pretty solid song. Sadly, this quickly dissipated as the rest of the album played on. The rest of them just weren't all that impactful. Not bad, but just not good. Words eventually came up on the back half of the album, but at that point I had honestly checked out.

Overall, I think the biggest draw for me is the uniqueness of the album. That to me makes it worth owning. It's not one many people know about, and it's not one many people are going to bother with.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

Disclaimer: They Toy Box does not endorse or contribute to piracy. Retro Spins posts are intended for educational and entertainment purposes only. None of the music discussed here is available for sale, downloading or distribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment