Christmas 2023, Part 2!


As I was celebrating the holiday season, I came into an unfortunate scenario. My external drive, the one that keeps my history of photographs, recipes, Toy Box posts, and MP3's of CD rips flat out died. No warning. No abuse that lead up to it. It just stopped working. That is a ton of data lost.

Ugh...

Well, it sucks, but I'm not going to let it ruin my holiday. Instead, I'm gonna keep plowing forward, showcasing the gifts I got from friends and family this year, which were fortunately still on my phone.

From my mom, I got two cases of BCW short comic boxes. These are the hard plastic shell ones, which I've been wanting to upsize to for a while. In general, I'm looking to better protect my comics, and have been switching all the old poly bags to mylar. These cases were inevitable to happen, and I'm grateful to have received ten from my mom.


Mom also got me four 80's based cartoon DVD's. As I mentioned in part 1 of my Christmas 2023 posts, I have been grabbing the Hanna-Barbera manufacture on demand DVD's here and there. Adding The Biskitts, Monchichi's, Paw Paws, and Space Stars to my collection is awesome!


From my co-worker Pete, I got a set of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shirts. With the voice actors of the turtles, and April O'Neil coming to Big Lick Nova 2024, these are definitely a must for me to take with me, and get signed.


I also got a variety of gift cards from folks, which I'll probably be using to get more mylar bags and the remaining BCW storage boxes I "need".


I also got a sketch book and some art supplies from my girl as a Christmas eve gift. These will keep me occupied when I'm sitting in bed at night watching cartoons.


Lastly, and probably the winner of Christmas 2023, even though I haven't opened anything from my girl, is my gift from George of G.I. Jigsaw.


When I opened this box, I was like, "Are you kidding me?!?!!" I immediately walked away from everyone in the living room, and went upstairs. Christmas over, no need for anything else. Thank you all, good night.


Spider-Man, Symbiote Spider-Man, Green Goblin, Mysterio, Sandman, Electro, Kraven the Hunter, Vulture, and Doc Ock! That's a lot of the key Spider-Man cast right there in one box! Thanks so much, George! This truly was my favorite gift...maybe even ever.





I already asked him if I could start throwing out names for a wave two, which he was totally down with. I don't think he's realized the work he just created for himself. But, seriously. These are freakin' awesome! I can't wait for this whole shelf to be full of them all!

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry. I totally missed this post. Glad you liked them. I'm working on the next batch.

    ReplyDelete