Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies

 

This is one of those recopies that has been floating around the inter-web for so long, with everyone claiming it's their own, that I couldn't even begin to tell you who the originator was. I personally found it on Sugar Spun Run. Whether she created the recipe or not, I won't deny that these bad boys are good, and worthy of being shared. Of course, for my own personal preferences, I have tweaked this.

Original Ingredients

1 Cup Unsalted Butter (I use salted)
1 1/2 Cups Light Brown Sugar (packed)
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
3 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
2 Teaspoons Corn Starch (I don't use this)
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Cups Chocolate Chips (I use other chocolate)

Melt the butter, and let it sit for about five minutes. Then stir in both the brown sugar and granulated sugar until it's thickened, but somewhat grainy. You're not looking for the sugar to melt.


Add your eggs, and stir again until broken up and thoroughly combined.


Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract, and once again stir to combine. Set this aside.


It should look the color of peanut butter, being smooth in appearance, but a little grainy in texture from the sugar.


In another bowl, sift together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and if you desire, the corn starch.


This should be light any powdery when done.


Give it a gentle stir to incorporate it all together.


Now add in your liquid mixture, and stir it to thoroughly combine. It should be firm, but somewhat sticky.


Here's where the original recipe calls for the chocolate to be added. Sure, you can use a traditional bag of chocolate chips, and those will work just fine. As for me, I like to cut up my own chocolate, using a variety of options. For today, I'm cutting up Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares, but I've also used other chocolate, such as Kit Kat bars. They all work, and provide versatility for flavor options.



Regardless of what you opt for, stir it into your cookie batter.


Once thoroughly combined, chill this in the fridge for thirty minutes.


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and scope out two tables spoons of dough, forming this into a ball. I personally prefer to line my baking sheets with parchment paper to avoid potential sticking. Lay these out on your tray, giving enough space for the cookies to expand.


Bake thirteen minutes, and move to a cooling rack to cool. Or eat warm, and burn your face off from the gooey innards. Whatever your preference.

These are fantastic cookies, and whoever created this recipe, my hats off to you. They are probably my favorite cookie recipe I have ever come across, and worth trying for yourself.

Storing them in an airtight container will keep these cookies soft for about a week - Which is about how long they last in my house. This probably isn't too healthy, considering you get about thirty-two cookies from one batch.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment