Retro Spins: The Diabolical Biz Markie (AKA Biz Markie) - The Biz Never Sleeps




Wika wika zik zik! That's the record scratching. Cause today it's time for another wrap album.

It's no secret that hippity hop isn't necessarily my genre of choice, but when it comes to the 80's, I try to be open. So here goes.

Biz Markie has released five albums since his 1988 debut, Goin' Off. Until today, I had heard none of them,  nor will I be tracking the majority of them down. For me, I own his 1989 album The Biz Never Sleeps, which is most notable for its song, Just A Friend.

I remember hearing the song on MTV, so I guess I also remember seeing the video too. I always used to wonder if the guy was mentally handicap. I don't know why I thought this, I just always got that impression. Autistic or something, not that I knew what Autism was as a kid. Turns out, the answer to that is, no. Not that this would have impacted my buying and listening to the album.

Look, here's the thing. I'm really not big into rap. So regardless of how good the album may be, I'm still going to review it based on a bias opinion. At the end of the day, The Biz Never Sleeps, just isn't for me. It's just not my style.

However, with that said, I will admit that the song, "Spring Again," got my attention. Mainly because it just sounded so silly. This was followed by Just A Friend, and also the last song I really showed any form of interest in. Truthfully, I didn't make it through the entire album. By track eight, I checked out and skipped through the rest before turning it off.

Sorry Biz, rap just isn't my thing. But, I tried.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

Disclaimer: They Toy Box does not endorse or contribute to piracy. Retro Spins posts are intended for educational and entertainment purposes only. None of the music discussed here is available for sale, downloading or distribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment