Big Lick NOVA 2023! Part XIV: Convention Book

 

We've finally reached the end of the road of my visit to Big Lick NOVA 2023, a two day convention where so much happened it took me three months to talk about all of it. We wrap this all up with a nice big bow, the icing on the cake, the big kahuna, if you will. 

In anticipation of meeting so many great creators of comics I've grown up with, I decided that I wanted to get a convention book to bring along to the show. A book that would ultimately become my souvenir that everyone I met would sign. Something that with each subsequent convention to come would just continue to gain more signatures.

There was only one book I could think of special enough to fit this bill, but that was far out of my price range in its original format. However, after searching and searching, I came across a wonder fan made version which was meticulously created using original scans from front to back, and even printed in the original size of this grail.

This fan made reprint of Amazing Fantasy 15 will become my center piece for all future conventions, having every creator I meet signing wherever they feel like on it. Front, back, inside, wherever. I only wish I had it when I went to Galaxycon 2023.

Art Suydam

Jim Shooter

Mark Waid

Michael Golden

Renee Witterstaetter

Rick Leonardi

Ron Marz

Even if I don't own something specific that someone worked on, this will serve as an opportunity to meet them, and get a signature. I can already see this book becoming my absolute favorite in my collection.

But, now we truly have reached the end. This completes my journey to Big Lick NOVA 2023. I hope those of you who stopped by each week over these past few months have enjoyed following me on this journey as much as I enjoyed going on it. The convention was amazing. A big thank you goes to all of the above signors of this book for being there, and for signing so many other books, as well as taking the time to chat. An even bigger and wholeheartedly thank you to Mr. Jim Shooter, the Stan Lee of my era of comic book reading. A truly generous man to his fans.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

1 comment: