Big Lick NOVA 2023! Part XI: Day II and Jim Shooter Part VI

 

Part one through ten of my escapade to Big Lick NOVA 2023 showcased a lot of what I accomplished just in one day. But, now it's time to finally jump into the second and final day of the con. Mind you, there's still things to come regarding the first day, but all in due time.

Day two presented me with my very first opportunity to start walking around the showroom, and yet despite this, I still didn't take many photos. I also would later find out that I literally missed an entire section where I could have seen a Delorian Time Machine and Ghostbusters Ecto-I vehicle. DOH!








This was also the day I used to get most of my photographs that I shared of the creators who signed my books, as well as to sit in on the ROM panel which Jim Shooter was part of. This is the panel I mentioned in my part IV coverage, where he made the comment to his assistant about how disappointed he was with the overall turnout of people who sat in.

Most of the items I bought on this second day got folded back into my "get signed" pile, and the majority, if not all of this, was for Jim Shooter. I was basically just trying to plug some holes. With the exception of prints I bought directly from creators, here's what I ended up buying during both days.





Of course, I couldn't leave a convention without grabbing McFarlane Spider-Man number one's. I couldn't believe that someone had a Spider's Web stamped one. I was floored that the seller had no clue what it was, and as such, was selling it so cheap. I further couldn't believe that it lasted until day two, where I was able to snag it up. This is the fourth one I own.

There were a couple sellers that had quite a few of issue number one that I was tempted to make a bulk offer on. However, after all the signatures, and these purchases, I simply didn't want to spend anymore money.

Believe it or not, when the panel ended, I headed back to Mr. Shooter's table with another stack of comics, and to hear more stories.

Marriage of Namor and Marrina


1st appearance of John Walker as
Super-Patriot, later becomes U.S. Agent,
and 1st team appearance of The Buckies:
Lemar Hoskins, later becomes
Battlestar, Hector Lenox and Jerome
Johnson, later become Left-Winger and
Right-Winger






Cover art by Barry Windsor-Smith
featuring Magik

I can't believe I forgot to bring my 25th anniversary covers for Marvel Team-Up, X-Factor, and Uncanny X-Men. I just completely missed this box.

I also brought with me the other half of Marvel Age issues. To explain this one, I have to go back to day one, where my brother was in charge of getting the majority of the books in my collection from this series signed. Unfortunately, I was missing a handful of issues, and while I found some at the show, wasn't able to complete my run of Jim Shooter contributed books. I'm working on getting those now in hopes that he'll be back next year, or at another show I attend this year.


1st cover appearance of Alpha Flight
in full, and Interior bios of Alpha
Flight members




Preview appearance of Beta Ray Bill,
and Spider-Ham advertisement on
back cover

Preview appearance of Spider-Ham

Cover appearance of Stan Lee and
Jim Shooter




Also signed by Rick Leonardi that same day!





Also signed by Rick Leonardi that same day!








Cover art by Richard Howell and
Joe Sinnott


Promotional article featuring the
Thundercats promoting the premiere
issue prior to its release, and
Teaser of Flag-Smasher, prior to
first appearance in Captain America
#312, initially named Flag-Breaker




Cover art by David Mazzucchelli,
and Preview of Throg


Marvel acquires the Masters of the
Universe publishing license, and
3-page article promoting the Masters
of the Universe series, which ran
for 13-issues under the Star imprint



Painted Cover Portrait of Stan Lee,
Interview of Stan Lee by Kurt Busiek,
and Stan Lee Commentary



Cover art by Alan Kupperberg and
Joe Sinnott featuring Starbrand








Preview of Silverhawks

Like all Marvel Comics books, Marvel Age too had an Annual.

Also signed by Rick Leonardi that same day!

Also signed by Rick Leonardi that same day!

Also signed by Rick Leonardi that same day!

After getting everything signed, I finished off by working a deal with Mr. Shooter to make a commission drawing for me, and then headed off into the afternoon sun.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment