Retro Spins: Paul McCartney - Flowers In The Dirt



Paul McCartney as a solo artist is not so fab. In fact, he's so bad in some songs, singing on key wise, that I found myself wondering, "Is he intentionally singing this badly?" Seriously don't get what people see in the guy.

Flowers In The Dirt is his final entry into the world of the 80's, and quite frankly, the fifty-three minute run time is pretty unbearable. How you can fill an album with thirteen songs, have one hit and two decent songs is beyond me. Well, let me rephrase. It's beyond me when said artist is the highly esteemed Paul McCartney. I mean, this guy should be churning out hit after hit, shouldn't he? Isn't that what he did in The Beatles?

I purchased this album for the song, My Brave Face, and while I hoped to get more from the record as a whole, was happy to also enjoy This One and Où Est Le Soleil ?. I have no idea what the latter is about, but it was catchy.

Now, here's where I totally contradict everything above. Flowers In The Dirt isn't a terrible album. What saved it for me, overall, was its familiarity from the voice of McCartney. It's like listening to an album from another "big name" artist. Even the "bad" stuff sounds okay because you respect the artist for their long list of contributions to the world of music. It's because of that factor, I won't say I hated this album. However, it definitely didn't make me all that interested in hearing anymore from the man.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment