Retro Spins: ABC - How To Be A...Zillionaire!



I'm no expert when it comes to ABC. I know the hits, they're okay, and I wanted to add them to my vast collection of 80's albums. But, an album you don't listen to serves about as much use as a comic book you don't read, so today was the day I busted out ABC's How To Be A...Zillionaire!

It's very 80's sounding. In fact, it may be too 80's sounding. This could very well be a perfect example of why people from latter eras of music don't understand why people rave so much about my favorite era of tunes. As big a fan as I am, this album has not aged well. I'm sure it was cutting edge in 1985. However, in 2023, it's very retro sounding.

Now with that said, I won't outright call this a terrible album. For me, it was very nostalgic feeling, and because of this, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Granted, I didn't swoop up a bunch of tracks for my IPOD shuffle. I really only needed Be Near Me, Vanity Kills and How To Be A Millionaire.

If you're a fan of synthpop in abundance, then this could be an album worth checking out for you. However, if you're one of those people questions why people like 80's music, this one should definitely be skipped.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment