Retro Spins: Pat Benatar - Wide Awake In Dreamland



I was wide awake in dreamland and all fired up for a solid Retro Spin today, so I decided to take the needle to the platter of Pat Benatar's last entry in the 80's - 1988's Wide Awake In Dreamland.

The album builds the excitement up pretty quickly with the first track, All Fired Up, and from there, goes into a song I had long since forgotten. The slower paced, One Love. Amazing song! Track three, Let's Stay Together, not so much.

Don't Walk Away and Too Long A Soldier were decent, but felt very Madonna like. The rest of the album unfortunately fell to background noise as I moved on to other things - Mentally.

Overall, the album just wasn't popping for me. At this point in Benatar's career, I honestly expected a solid album from front to back. Instead, I got a handful of good tracks, and wide variety of what felt like filler.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment