Retro Spins: ABBA - The Visitors



I wonder if people knew at the time that they were holding in their hands the last studio album from ABBA. There's no doubt the group was one of the highest grossing bands of all time, and remained a powerhouse in the recording industry. So I'm sure, regardless of whether people knew or not, that it was shocking the band was done.

The Visitors starts with the fantastic title track, featuring lead vocals from Anni-Frid. From there, Agnetha takes lead for Head Over Heals. However, this is actually two of only three of the songs I actually know from the album, the last being track six, One of Us. It's because of this, I was excited to hear the remaining six songs.

Of them, When All Is Said And Done and Two For The Price Of One stood out as pretty good tracks. As for the rest - Well, they were ABBAish, but nothing spectacular or special.

Overall, it was an okay album, but nothing I would race to hear again. This is something I'm finding out about ABBA. For as popular as they are, it seems their hits are the hits, while the of the songs are just kind of there. Don't get me wrong, I get that not everything can be a smash, but I also know when you're a fan of a band, or singer, you feel they can do no wrong, and even the stuff people raise an eyebrow at is amazing to you. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm not a super fan of ABBA.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment