Retro Spins: The Jets - Magic



Stepping right over their 1986 album, Christmas With The Jets, my return visit to the group is their 1987 album, Magic. Having not really gotten into their 1985 self titles album, I wasn't honestly expecting much from this particular record.

Well, as they say, when you have zero expectations, it's difficult to be disappointed.

It starts okay with the track, I Do You, but then immediately fumbles the ball with The Only Dance - A bland and boring ballad. I was fully prepared to check out at this point with the mindset that things weren't going to get any better from there.

Fortunately, this actually didn't happen. In fact, I heard a song I didn't even remember from the 80's, Make It Real, and added it to my shuffle mix. Not only had I forgotten about the song, but had no clue it was from The Jets. This then happened again when the song Rocket 2 U started playing, and then it happened a third time with Cross My Broken Heart. What the heck!?!? What's been going on in my life that I've been missing out on hearing these songs again?

When it was all said and done, I came away with three tracks for my shuffle from this album. Considering I expected to sit here bored through the whole thing, I'll take that with a smile. I may even go ahead and try to get their 1989 album, Believe, to see what's going on with it.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

4 comments:

  1. Three to the playlist is a win. Never heard of these guys. Turning over more 80s street cred.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember in the 80's hearing some guys from my sister's high school talking about how three good tracks was a minimum for them to buy the full album. Otherwise, they would just buy singles.

      Delete
  2. You can never count out the group that gave us the extended version of the Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers theme song!

    ReplyDelete