Retro Spins: Cocktail



Whatever happened to Elizabeth Shue?

Tom Cruise is electrifying as Brian Flanagan, a young, confident and ambitious bartender who, with the help of a seasoned pro (Bryan Brown - Gorillas in the Mist), becomes the toast of Manhattan's Upper East Side. But when he moves to Jamaica and meets an independent artist (Elizabeth Shue - Adventures in Babysitting), their vivid romance brings a new perspective to the self-centered bartender's life. Sizzling with high-powered performances and a #1 hit soundtrack, the box office blockbuster Cocktail has it all! - Back of the original VHS

The soundtrack for Cocktail stands out like a sore thumb on a shelf - but in a good way. It's bright blue back ground and neon pink outline can't help but get your attention. Now if only we could get Tom Cruise off of it, it could almost be the perfect design.

What put this album on my radar was the two tracks, Kokomo from the Beach Boys and Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobbie McFarrin. These are two staples of the late 80's, but not top rankers on my personal favorites 80's music list.

Truth be told, it's not a bad album. It has some decent tracks on it and I ended up adding a few of them to my iTunes and iPod mixes. Obviously two of them I've mentioned above. The other two are Oh, I Love You So by  Preston Smith and Tutti Fruitti by Little Richard. Overall though, I didn't hear anything I hated.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment