Retro Spins: Corey Hart - First Offense



Corey Hart was never a big hit with me in the 80's. I knew a handful of his songs, mainly because they got a lot of airplay, but I never owned any of his albums. As the music collection grew, it became necessary to add a couple of his albums to it, leading to today's Retro Spin, First Offense, from 1983.

The album starts out one of the two tracks I know from Hart, Sunglasses At Night (the second being Never Surrender from his 1985 album). It's as I remember it. Heavy synth, but still just okay. From there, it launches into uncharted territory - Both for me listening wise, and his career.

Well, technically, that prior statement wasn't true. While Hart went to number seven with Sunglasses At Night, he also saw decent success with It Ain't Enough, which went to number seventeen on the charts. However, I'd never heard that song until today, or at least if I did, I certainly didn't remember it.

First Offense isn't an awful entry into the 80's. Unfortunately, it's just not that memorable. Admittedly, there was a large chunk of the middle of the album where I zoned out and actually ignored a fair amount of songs. It just wasn't holding my attention.

I'll get around to Hart's 1985 album, Boy In The Box, at some point. However, based on listening to this one, I'm in no big rush. The search continues for a solid 80's album in my current lull of albums.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment